In this second of two articles about Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation success, we explain why a readiness assessment is an essential first step in any ERP implementation including SAP and transition to S/4HANA.
When it comes to ERPs, SAP is arguably the biggest and most well known solution in the world.
One of the most pressing issues right now for SAP customers and those considering SAP, is the planned end-of-support for SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 6 and higher in 2027, and SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 0 to EHP5 in 2025. For organisations operating on these systems, they need to start planning their move to S/4HANA early as it is essential for a successful transition.
In our previous article, we highlighted the key reasons why ERP implementations have a failure rate of up to 75%. It is understandable then why some organisations might question (or are confused about) why they should transition to SAP’s S/4HANA, what value it can add to their business, and how they should approach the migration.
Completing a Readiness Assessment is an essential first step in answering these questions.
What is a Readiness Assessment? An evaluation of an organisations preparedness for a specific or major change. It provides an assessment of the current state and a roadmap to guide the journey to achieve the ideal future state.
Benefits and outcomes of a readiness assessment:
- Analysis of data requirements – know what needs to be migrated to support your business
- Identify value – identify where you can increase efficiency, reduce costs, or add value to your business through process adjustments, alignment, simplification, or automation
- Assess change impact – gain early insights to inform change management and training needs
- Clarity of action – clearly understand the transition options available and their related impacts to license and system costs
- Readiness of IT – know the impact of change to IT infrastructure and network requirements to enable IT strategy
- Define your next steps – have clarity to define the overall journey, establish a plan of action and commence the transformation
COSOL has been providing SAP solutions and consulting services to major industry sectors such as mining, utilities, and defence since 2000. Our comprehensive methodology, combined with our expertise, will help determine what your organisation needs to focus on and provide a transformation roadmap tailored to align with your business objectives.
Ready to roadmap your journey from SAP ECC to S/4HANA?
With over two decades of rich asset management systems experience with SAP, COSOL has the expertise to help you navigate through the transition from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA.